The inimitable necessity of metals both indoors and outdoors purposes has driven the material to become a global demand.
Indeed, metals are usable and found in homes, companies, offices, anywhere. Of course, this compendium necessitates the need for MIG welder.
How this ‘piece’ would become beneficial to you as a constructionist or a home developer is that it would aid you to expertise the method of using a welder and it would help you to save more money.
In other words, it’s absolutely great for anyone to own at least one of the products that will be indexed on this platform.
Notwithstanding, the products that are indexed are of different types and functions. You’d find those with TIG and MIG functionalities while some have a distinct function of both. We’d be glad if you eventually opt for one that you can cope with its use.
However, before we begin, we want to show you how you can weld a cast aluminum with any of the products that would be listed as we proceed. So, check them out below:
|Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder||Easy Weld (CQ0ES)||$$$||Excellent|
|Amico Power MMA-115A 29.8 amp Power Welder||Amico||$$||Excellent|
|AHP Alpha-160ST 160 Amp Arc/Stick Welder||AHP||$$$||Excellent|
|C.M.T Pitbull Ultra-Portable 100-Amp Electric Arc Welder||CMT||$$||Excellent|
|Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core Welder||Forney Easy Weld||$$||Excellent|
|Chicago Electric Welding Systems 90 Amp Flux Wire Welder||Chicago Electric||$$||Excellent|
|MIG Series Gas-Less Flux Core Wire Welder||XtremepowerUS||$$||Excellent|
|Amico Power – DC Inverter Welder||Amico||$$$||Excellent|
|Super Deal PRO Commercial MIG||SUPER DEAL||$$||Excellent|
|160 Amp Digital Display LCD Stick ARC Welder||Amico||$$||Excellent|
8 Things to Consider about How to Weld Cast Aluminum with MIG?
1. Personal Preparation
Get on some safety wears so as to prevent your skin and body from injuries. Pieces of equipment that you’d have to procure are glasses, thick clothes, hand gloves, and so on.
2. Preparation of the Equipment
Get a quality product available and make sure that the accessories are available. Also, make sure that you opt for a product that describes that it’s usable for welding cast aluminum. This would make your work become easier.
3. Cleaning of the Cast Aluminum
You’d have to clean it so as to prevent the splattering to a maximal limit. Use a mild steel or a material with a hard surface to clean off the oil at the top.
4. Assembling of the Unit
It’s expedient that you fix the electrode in the right manner. Use a thin electrode for cast aluminum for apt penetration, especially if you’re using it at high amperage. Also, make sure that the tensioner is well tightened.
5. Decipher the Rim to Weld
Make sure that the rim is well cleaned so as to avoid inductance and splattering. Afterwards, join the rims or make ready to penetrate with the electrode.
After you had set up the whole unit, set the function as recommended by the manufacturer. For cast aluminum, you’d have to ensure that the nozzle heats up to 300F before you begin to use.
Depending on what you look forward to achieving. The kind of welding that you look want to carry out and make sure that you weld at a straight target.
Once you’re done with the welding, make sure that no gapping is found while joining except if it’s needed. Ensure that you make the necessary correction before it gets cool and attached to the surface.
Our Picks of 10 Best Cheap MIG Welder:
1. Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder
The arc welder is lightweight and luggable from one place to another. There is a handle at the top which has 1/8” space.
It’s rigid and quite unique for one to lug around with. It’s quite efficient and dependable for optimal usage. As a matter of fact, one can use it for TIG welding also. What this means is that it doesn’t use a consumable electrode for its arc welding.
In addition, it uses a stick electrode although the TIG touch is sold separately. The stick electrode that’s used with varies, nonetheless, it’s workable with one that’s 3/8” thick.
Not only that, but it comes also with clamps, MIG touch, and a connection cable which is 6 feet long. It’s one usable in welding base metal at a long range.
It doesn’t require the use of gases so there is apparently no need for the passing of pipes from one place to another. It’s absolutely ideal for outdoor MIG welding.
Of course, this welder can be used at any angle. Meanwhile, it’s a portable arc welder that’s very much dependable for long-term use.
- The dimension of this product is 16.2 x 8 x 12.5 inches and it weighs 13.7 pounds.
- It’s a corded electric welder with a power switch and a toggle that’s usable in switching from MIG to TIG.
- It has 120-volt input and 90 amp output. It works for TIG at a higher setting.
- The product is not vulnerable to rust as some other products.
- It’s a lightweight arc welder that comes with all the accessories for immediate use.
- It’s an affordable product that one can depend on for a long period of time.
2. Amico Power MMA-115A 29.8 amp Power Welder
Are you in need of a power welder which you can utilize for any power source? If yes, then you’re right with this product.
This is a lightweight welder that can be trusted for steels and carbon steels. It comes with a ground clamp and has a rated output of 120V 298A60 and an input power of 120160.
Meanwhile, the input Current is 298A. As a matter of fact, this specific power welder is workable with electrode rod of different sizes.
The construction of this unit, on the other hand, is awesome with its design. There is even a handle that can easily be adjusted right at the top.
The handle is insulated and great for use. Apart from that, it has an ergonomic structure with vents at the front. The vents ensure that there’s no over-heating.
There are functions on it which you can utilize in operating the unit itself. It’s just a gem that you’d enjoy using, trust me.
- The dimension of this product is 16.3 x 4.7 x 9 in and it weighs 13 pounds.
- It’s a luggable unit that can be used for apt MIG welding.
- This has an ergonomic structure with other exquisite designs.
- This is a lightweight and portable unit that’s highly functional.
- It’s highly dependable.
3. AHP Alpha-160ST 160 Amp Arc/Stick Welder
Opt for this Arc welder which you can use DC stick, lift TIG, and workable with a 120v power outlet for the production of 120 amp.
Nonetheless, it’s also workable with a 240V power outlet. The functionality of this unit is absolutely easy with the availability of the stitch on it.
The unit has a dual voltage capacity. This means you can use it with power outlets of 110V and 220V flawlessly.
The unit is quiet while functioning even at its 60% duty cycle at 40 C. In addition, this unit can be used for TIG welding also.
The DC welder uses an inverter technology that accepts pulse-width power management. The leads are 10 feet long as the unit itself has a heavy duty design. This is one you can depend on for smooth functionalities.
- The dimension of this product is 13 x 6 x 10 inches and it weighs 13 pounds.
- The unit can run up to 160Amp at any power source, DC or AC.
- It’s usable with a stick electrode and switchable to TIG mode. The turnover is done within 3 seconds.
- This unit can be used with shielding gases during MIG welding.
- It comes with a ground clamp and other necessary accessories for immediate use.
- It’s a valuable product that’s dependable.
4. C.M.T Pitbull Ultra-Portable 100-Amp Electric Arc Welder
Here is an electric arc welder that you can basically use for metals that their thickness is less. You can use it for TIG welding and MIG welding.
However, it’s better using the TIG for metals of tiny thickness just like any other product. The welder is petite and has all the futuristic that one needs to have the best use of it.
The model that’s marketed here is red in color and it’s highly functional. This is a product that costs less than $100.
The whole part of the welder is made of metal. Of course, the metal is not vulnerable to rust like some many are.
You can use it for welding lawnmower, rails, and so on. Also, you can use it for welding mild steel and other lightweight metals. The connector cables for this are irremovable and all our best to aid you to have the best use of the unit.
- The dimension of this product is 18 x 13 x 1 inches and it weighs 28 pounds.
- The electric arc welder uses 100 Amp with 110 VAC arc welder.
- It has a toggle which you can easily use to switch the power.
- This is a product that can easily be saved.
- It has all you need to begin its use immediately after delivery.
5. Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core Welder
Get this unit that you can utilize without gas. It’s this unit that you can flawlessly use for flux-cored arc welding which doesn’t need shield gas.
Indeed, it has a nozzle that’ flat in shape and can easily be used for welding. The trigger is rubberized and you’d definitely not encounter scald while you’re using it.
Notwithstanding, it accommodates 2 and 10 pounds of wire feed so it’s one that you can use limitlessly with time.
In addition, you can use it with 120V power outlet and has a 125 amp for optimal use. In fact, it has the capacity to weld metal from 24 gauge to ¼ inch.
Although the manufacturer enjoins prospective buyers to use it with 0.030” wire, yet you can use it with 0.035”. It comes with wires and all that you need for its immediate use.
- The dimension of this product is 12 x 18 x 24 inches and it weighs 41.9 pounds.
- It’s a product that’s backed with a 6-month warranty.
- It’s used mainly for MIG gasless welding.
- The packages that come with it are power tool accessories, welding accessories, and welding wires.
- The amperage capacity of this one is 125 amp.
- It’s a functional unit that can be used for a long period of time.
6. Chicago Electric Welding Systems 90 Amp Flux Wire Welder
This is a flux-core arc welder which doesn’t need shield gases. It’s so functional with its 2 internal heat setting that it comprises on its inside.
Unlike some other products, the wire feeder of this unit doesn’t slip. It would even intrigue you that it shuts down each time it becomes hot.
You can use it for wires that are as thick as 0.035 inches. Nonetheless, the nozzle of this unit has to be changed from MIG to flux-core arc welder for easy use.
The setup is absolutely easy with the manual that comes with it. Notwithstanding, it has a single phase and an amperage capacity of 20 amp. Of course, it’s workable with AC power outlet of about 120v.
There are a dial and two toggles situated side by side to each other. It’s one that you’d enjoy using especially for lightweight base metals.
- The dimension of this product is 19.8 x 17.9 x 11.5 inches and it weighs 35.6 pounds.
- The unit can be utilized for flux-cored arc welding only.
- This has a thermal regulator that shuts down the functionality of this unit whenever it becomes extremely hot.
- The speed of the wire feed can be regulated.
- It’s one that can easily be used for AC power outlets.
- Gas can’t be used with this.
7. MIG Series Gas-Less Flux Core Wire Welder
Opt for this product and find no need in purchasing an extra, not even an accessory. Simply because it comes with all that you need at an affordable price.
This unit comes with a welding mask, ground clamp, wires, and so many more. Nonetheless, it’s a welder that uses flux-core arc welding mechanism only.
It’s a unit that’s workable with both 0.030 and 0.035 wires. Although the illustration about its setup is not explicitly enumerated in the manual, yet you can use the conventional know in setting up the unit for optimal use.
There are toggles at the front with a knob so as to enable the easy use of the unit. The cables that it comes with is absolutely unique.
You can use it 6 feet away from where the unit is situated. There is even an anti-heat sensor which aids in automatically shutting down the unit whenever it becomes over-heated. It has a variable speed that users can comfortably use in its functionalities.
- The dimension of this product is 9.5 x 15.5 x 18.5 inches and it weighs 9.5 pounds.
- This functions 10% at 105AMP and 35% at 60 AMP Max at open voltage.
- The voltage that this has is 115 V at 60 Hz for its single phase welding Current and 50-120 AMP duty cycle.
- This is a product that comes with a complete accessory for magnificent operation.
- It’s highly dependable for long-term use.
8. Amico Power – DC Inverter Welder
With respect to our research, we’ve decided to add this one to the list because of its smooth mechanism. It has an amperage control and comes with all the needed accessories in having the best use of the unit.
This is a unit that can be used for AC and DC power outlets. It has a 60% rated duty cycle and the input power of this unit is 115V/230V/60Hz.
Meanwhile, the input current at rated output 20Amp and there are output also. As a matter of fact, it comes with an input power adapter cable and plugs for one’s optimal usage.
It uses an Arc stick for its welding for easy operation. It’s one that doesn’t just come with a handle but it has a strap which makes lugging it around very easy. This product is sleek and compact. It can be used anywhere.
- The dimension of this product is 17 x 6.5 x 10 inches and it weighs 18 pounds.
- The product is certified by ETL and other safety regulatory bodies.
- It comes with a work clamp and 10 feet cable with a detachable strap for easy use.
- This product comes with the accessories that are needed for optimal use.
- It can easily be saved and it’s highly functional.
- It’s highly affordable.
9. Super Deal PRO Commercial MIG
What we experts have discovered over the years is that units that have regulatory options, especially in their speeds, enable operators to control the splatters, and inductance.
Making of pinholes and joints become absolutely convenient. Of course, this made this unit our top choice for commercial demands.
And guess what? What blew us off is the fact that it comes with all the accessory that you need including a safety mask.
However, it imbibes flux-core arc welding for its mechanism. It’s a unit that functions so well with wires that 0.030” and 0.035” thick and it’s apt for a 110V power outlet.
For a product such as this that has an amperage capacity of 130 amp with 4-speed control, you can be pretty sure of the easy penetration that you’re capable of achieving.
- The dimension of this product is 20.2 x 15 x 12.5 inches and it weighs 38.1 pounds.
- There are 10 levels for its wire feed that you can use in determining the regularity of its function.
- There are 3 toggles on this unit with other functions which you can use for its operation.
- The unit comes with amazing accessories including a brush and a safety mask with a handle.
- It’s one that costs less than $150.
10. 160 Amp Digital Display LCD Stick ARC Welder
This product is made by one of the leading brands in the US. It can be used with DC power outlets only. It simply uses stick electrodes both acid and base.
As a matter of fact, it comes with electrodes for instant usage. You don’t have to contemplate whether it’s functional or not, why?
Because it’s enlisted by ETL. The welder is usable with all kinds of electrodes irrespective of the size and you can use it with aluminums.
The wire speed feed can be regulated also to producing a huge result. The duty cycle for this 60% and it achieves 160 amps using 220 volts.
In addition, the construction of this unit is eccentric. It’s made of metals and Abs plastic for long-term use. It has all it takes to suit your needs in term of performance and uniqueness.
- The dimension of this product is 17 x 8 x 12 inches and it weighs 16 pounds.
- The accessories that come with this are the unit itself, 10 feet electrode holder and clamp cable, 115v and 235v power adapter, 2 pieces of electrodes of 0.025” and 0.032” respectively, and a manual booklet.
- This has an LCD display.
- There is over-load protection for this product.
- It’s a product that’s highly reliable.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Cheap MIG Welder?
1. TIG or MIG
Opt for the mechanism that you’re familiar with. Perhaps the very type that would make your work faster. However, those that feature TIG on this platform can still be switched to MIG.
In other words, provided you want to seize the day with the two functionalities, then this is what you need to make the right purchase.
Also, another futuristic to look out for is whether a product uses gas or not if at all you need a product for MIG use.
2. DC or AC Power Source
Most products have been made to feature dual power sources. However, some still have a distinct feature. So, it’s essential that a potential buyer has an idea of what to buy and what has been made available.
In addition, you’d want to find out the accessories that come with the delivery. Find out whether you’d need to make an additional order or it’s one that you can begin its use immediately.
The two “objective” that is needed for consideration is the amperage and the electrode. The higher the amperage the better it is to use for heating the nozzle to becoming hot for easy penetration.
The electrode, on the other hand, knows whether it (machine) is either in for of wire or stick, acidic or basic, and learn the description of the size that it can use.
This would help one to have an insight on what and what not to buy. Of course, those that feature flux-core arc welding don’t need shielding gas and their nozzles are peculiar.
4. Budget Friendly
This article provides an index of affordable products of different price tags. So, you can leverage on this piece for the purchase of one that would suit you most.
Please note that it’s not all that can be used for thick base metals especially mild steels and aluminum. So, find the full detail out with the tip provided here on this platform.
Nonetheless, we enjoin you to purchase from this platform. Purchasing on this platform would aid you to enjoy the benefits that the manufacturer offer buyers. Indeed, you won’t get it wrong with the purchase of this product.
Our best cheap MIG welder review has provided you with needful tips that you need so as to make a reliable purchase. The products that highly researched and one of the best in the world.
The writer also provided tips that are needed in using MIG welders. We just hope that you’d enjoy your shopping by leveraging on this piece.